Sveti Vid (St. Vitus) is the highest peak on the island of Pag, 348 m above sea level. The small Church of St. Vitus was built there in the 14th century.

knežev dvor u pagu

The Rector’s Palace is located on the main square. It was built in the 15th century and completed under the rule of Rector Toma Zorzi. It has been the centre of town and island administration for centuries.

crkva svetog frane

The Church of St. Francis (‘Sveti Frane’ in Croatian) was built in the latter half of the 15th century in the northern part of the old town core. Works on its façade continued until mid-1510s. A monastery next to it belonging to the order of Friars Minor Conventual was dissolved in 1785.

magazini soli pag

The salt warehouses are structures in the monument category, situated opposite the town core at Prosika. They testify to utilitarian architecture of past times and the importance of salt production to Pag’s natives. The first three warehouses were built in the 17th century, while the other six were constructed during the second Austrian administration.

kula kamerlengo

Kamerlengo Tower no longer stands in its original form. The former tower today houses the town government, while during the summer months the Town Hall serves as an exhibition space for various artists.

meridijan 15

The town of Pag already had one of the first sundials in Europe at the end of the 19th century. The marker for meridian 15 is roughly 5 km from Pag, on a macadam road, in a tract named after St. Mary Magdalene, with a marble marker set along the intersecting line.